Sunday, December 05, 2010

Weekend Dinners - Pork Tenderloin Wellington

At this very momentino I have an enormous spaghetti squash cooking in my oven and because I'm avoiding pasta for a couple of weeks, I plan on dousing said squash with some gorgeous creamy pasta sauce and parmesano later on when my family has dinner. Last night however I cooked an interesting little Wellington, Pork Tenderloin Wellington to be exact. And though I mucho prefer Beef Tenderloin Wellington, this easy to make dinner was also quite nice. I simply BBQed two pork tenderloin seasoned with a little Montreal Steak Spice for just a little while. Overcooking pork, especially tenderloin is a no no. It will continue to cook after you take it off the BBQ and allow it to rest for about 20 minutes. I BBQed my tenderloin for about 15 minutes total on the BBQ (there should be a little pink inside). In a pan I sauteed very chopped mushrooms and onion in butter and three tbsp. of low sodium soy sauce, smeared the cooled tenderloin with pate, pressed half of the drained mushrooms and onions into the pate then I swathed the tenderloin in rolled out puffed pastry and put an egg wash all around it so that it would brown up nicely in the oven. To make the egg wash I just added one egg and a little milk in a bowl and whisked it until it was blended and using my hands put the egg all over the tenderloin and pastry. Then I cooked the Pork Wellington in the oven at 350 until the pastry was brown. I also whipped up an easy packaged gravy and added the rest of the sauteed mushrooms and onion to it. When it's time to eat, slice the Wellington, arrange on the plate and pour gravy over it. Yummo! P.S. I just reheated the Wellington and had it for lunch and it was even better the next day.

Once the pork has rested top

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home