Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lobster and White Cheddar Sliders

Alright everyone, these are just lovely and delicious. I invited 14 friends over to eat appetizers this weekend and I have to say, I find it overwhelmingly endearing and heart warming when I see all of my friends converge like little honey bees around my food. "when willl you be serving the brioche and Camembert?" one asks, "oh you've missed your calling as a caterer" another declares. It's true. The love is definitely felt in my food (Maya Angelous believes that people can indeed feel the energy you had while making your food and I believe it). This weekend I made a few old favorites that you can find on the blog, ie: Mushroom Wellington and Brioche and Camembert. I also served a simple and delicious new cocktail that consisted simply of 2 oz. of Limencello topped with champagne. "I reminds me of my trip to Italy this summer" my sister-in-law said. Truth be told I had a whole other cocktail in mind called, "Captain Handsome" but could not get a hold of creme de violet here in the great white north. Apparently there is an order coming in this January and you can bet your bottoms up I'll be getting me a few bottles for next season. Alright, enough about me, these appetizers are for you, enjoy!

Lobster Sliders: Here is a wonderful take on a unique and delicious slider not to mention a positively refreshing change from the original beef ones.

1 1/2 cups of lobster (I used a can of real lobster that I bought frozen, but you know, fake lobster is delicious too), 1/2 cup of Hellman's mayo, 1/2 cup of celery, 1/4 cup of shredded white cheddar (cheese is optional), 1 tbsp. of lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and a tbsp. of any other herb that you might enjoy with your lobster, such as lemon pepper (just a 1/2 tsp.), tarragon, Old Bay Seasoning (1/2 tsp.), or dill (which I used for this recipe). Bread and butter. I made 12 of these sandwiches, so I used 24 pieces of bread. Per piece of bread you are going to use a glass to cut a round of bread and you can save the crusts and extra bits of bread for the stuffing you'll be making Christmas dinner! Now butter one piece of bread and put the butter side down on a baking sheet. Top with about a tbsp. of the lobster mixture, then top mixture with another piece of buttered bread and make sure the buttered side is facing up (like if you were making a grilled cheese sandwich). Do this with all of the sandwiches and line them all up on the baking sheet. Bake sandwiches in a 350 degree for about 20 minutes turning them once until the bread is nice and toasty brown on both sides and the lobster mixture is warmed through. You can serve immediately, or I had made mine early in the day, kept them in the fridge and then microwaved them for about a minute or so until they were all nice and warm again.

Now mix up the above

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home