Sunday, March 27, 2011

Halibut en Papillote with (optional) Garlic Tarragon Cream Sauce

I remember seeing all these commercials on TV from some frozen food company that now had "en Papillote" meals from France. Oooh la la! Frozen food and France for me however don't go together.....en Papillote means, in parchment; so tonight I'm cooking in season halibut, moi fav fish, in a parchment cooking bag that I picked up at my local IGA. You can make your own bag using parchment or go to a cooking store and pick up already made bags. Tonight my hubby is working, so I'm preparing this halibut meal for one.

1 halibut steak, 1/4 cup of chopped red onion, 2 tbsp. of capers, 1/4 cup of black olives, 1/2 sliced red pepper and 1/2 sliced orange pepper, three slices of lemon, 1 capful of olive oil and 2 capfuls of balsamic, salt and pepper. Salt and pepper the halibut and put into the bag. In another bowl, mix all the ingredients together then put it into the bag with the halibut. Fold up the paper and pop into a 350 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. You'll be able to see through the bag that the fish is white, that's how you'll know it's done. I'm adding a smattering of Garlic Tarragon Cream to mine though it's perfectly delicious without it. Can you say fabulous!?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home