Saturday, July 16, 2011

Easy Olive Tapenade Stuffed Bread

Since I was making a stuffed pulled pork sandwich, I thought I'd make an olive tapenade one while I waited for the pork and yes indeed, I thought I'd died and gone to Tuscany. Sooooo amazing.

Easy Version: Make bread dough in your bread machine or by already made and frozen bread dough at the market or deli.

Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out on a floured surface to about a 12 by 9 inch triangle.

Spread store bought olive tapenade over the dough and roll up the bread short or long side (the short end roll up will give your bread a swirly look when you cut into it and the the long end roll up with have just the solid stuffing with no design).

Put the stuffed bread dough into a prepared pan. Brush olive oil over top and sprinkle with a little sea salt if you like and some rosemary herb too! Cook for about 1 hour or until nice and toasty brown and the top of the bread is hollow sounding when you tap it.

****After note: My hubby loved the bread but thought the tapenade was a tiny bit salty, whereas I thought it was the perfect amount of salt. If you prefer less salty, tone it down by making a stuffing of sliced canned olives and tapenade and taste before you stuff the bread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home