Saturday, July 16, 2011

Guy Fieri's Inspired Bread Stuffed With Pulled Pork

OK everyone, this is just too amazing to behold and eat. I made two versions of this pulled pork stuffed sandwich (one was a simple version for my one son who doesn't love too many spices) and then I made one more spicy and they were both devoured over two days.

I do have a picture of this, which I will be happy to download, just need my hubby home to show me

Recipe:

You will need, one pork roast, either a blade or a butt, 6 cooked pieces of bacon, 1 cup of chopped and sauteed onion, 1/2 cup of chopped and sauteed red pepper, 1/4 cup of Havarti cheese, 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.

If you'd like to make your own chipotle mayo here is Guy's recipe for that( I buy the chipotle mayo packs from Panago Pizza): 1/4 cup of Hellman's mayo, 2 tbsp. of chili sauce, 1 tbsp. of minced chipotle pepper in adobo, 1/2 cup of cilantro, mix it all together.

Slow Cooker: I used a slow cooker to cook my pork, but it's easy to also cook pulled pork in the oven.

Bread Dough: You can do one of three things. You can buy frozen bread dough for this recipe from the super market or deli, you can make it in your bread machine, or you can make it from scratch. I made a Parmesan Onion Bread Dough in my bread machine.



I seasoned up my pork with a variety of spices and put it into a slow cooker until it was done about 6 hours later.

Let it cool, get a plate, and begin "pulling" the pork apart and put the meat on the plate. I then tossed in about 4-5 tbsp. of "pulled pork sauce" I bought at the store, though I'm sure over time, I will try making the cider vinegar sauce from scratch.

"Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and using a rolling pin roll out the dough into a rectangle about 12 by 9 inches."

Spread generously with chipotle mayonnaise, top with the pulled pork, and sprinkle with onion, roasted pepper, bacon and cheese. Feel free to add pepper to it.

"From the short side gently roll up the dough "jelly roll" style, tucking in the ends as you go. Place the dough roll in a prepared loaf pan, brush with melted butter. Bake at 325 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half (all ovens are different). When done you will hear a slight hollow sound when you tap the bread.

It looks so impressive and it's easy to make!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home