Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Best Meatloaf Ever!

I was watching TV the other day and saw an episode of Lydia the Italian cook.  She made a meatloaf and just her face when she tasted it made me have to run out and get all of the ingredients for tonight's dinner!  Yes it's hot, but my GOD, this is succulent and soft and juicy and flavourful.  I don't have her exact recipe in front of me, but I will write it as I made it tonight.

Set your oven to 350 degrees - you'll be cooking the meatloaf for 1 1/2 hours.

You will need:

1 1/2 lb. of lean hamburger, 1 1/2 lb. of Italian mild sausage, 2 cups of bread cubes from a nice rustic loaf of bread (keep the crusts on), 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of marinara sauce or any tomato sauce, 1 cup of Parmesan, 2 chopped carrots, 2 chopped celery, 1 large chopped onion, 2 tsp. salt, pepper, 3 tsp. oregano, 2 tbsp. of thyme and garlic.

Using a food processor, make a paste with the carrots, celery, and onion.  I don't have a food processor, but used a blender and added the marinara sauce to it to help it paste up (a little bit of milk too)! 

Soak 2 cups of bread cubes in 1 cup of milk.

Mix the hamburger and sausage meat together.  Add the bread cube and milk mixture.  Then add the vegetable paste and marinara sauce.  Finally, add the Parmesan and all your seasonings.  Mix well and put into an olive oiled casserole pan - or whatever you like.  Top the meatloaf with more oregano to look pretty and bake for 1 1/2 hours.  You will love this comforting food.  So DELICIOUS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home