Saturday, June 13, 2015

Bread-Maker Pizza Dough from the cookbook, "Mennonite Girls Can Cook - Celebrations"

If there is one thing I have lots of in my home, it's cookbooks. When I find a good one I treat it as a true treasure since of course from these special cookbooks I then add more delicious meals to our family traditions and of course to our day to day menu. I made this pizza dough last night and it was really good. I liked that it was slightly crunchy and it was super delicious. I'm going to make another one today since I know my kids will as usual on a sunny Saturday have friends over for a swim. It was easy to roll out too. Bread-Maker Pizza Dough (yields two large pizza shells - though I just made one big one!): 1 cup of warm water, 2 tbsp. of canola oil (I used mazola), 1 garlic clove, crushed (I used powder), 3 cups of flour, 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. active dry yeast, 1 tbsp. of sugar, 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano, 1/4 tsp. of dried rosemary, 1 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (I noticed I always put the word, "of" before an ingredient. That's just me, adding extra words I suppose). Add all ingredients in order listed above, EXCEPT for 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Put bread ingredients onto dough setting and go read a book or throw some laundry in. When the cycle is complete turn the dough out onto a slightly greased counter, pull together and divide into 2 equal pieces. (If you can imagine I started watching a movie just as the cycle was completing and totally missed this process which is why I just made one big pizza, yikes) Roll out each piece to fit a 12 inch pizza pan. Press into greased pans. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes or until light brown. Then put on your favorite sauce and toppings, including a nice shredded cheese for the top (I used Herb & Garlic which was a shredded mozza/cheddar combo from Philadelphia Cream Cheese line). Bake again with toppings at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes. To use later, placed baked pizza shells between sheets of parchment paper, wrap in foil, place in freezer bags, and then freeze. When ready to make pizza, allow crust to thaw, add toppings and bake as directed above. The tip from this cookbook says to not bake this pizza dough on a pizza stone because it will burn easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home