Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Celery Root Puree

OK, you will go into joy orbit when you eat this!  It is BEYOND amazing and is also the ultimate side dish and comfort food.  I'd enjoyed celery root puree a few weeks back when my friend and I went out for her birthday lunch.  I'd ordered a small plate of beer braised short ribs with celery root puree.  The texture of the celery root puree is silky and oh so very satisfying and goes very well I would imagine with any rich meat dish.  You could also just eat it on its own.  So here is the recipe:

3 tbsp. olive oil, 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, 1 medium leek, white part only, thinly sliced, 2 1/2 lb. of celery root, peeled and cut into 1 " pieces, 3 1/2 cups of chicken stock, salt and pepper.

So cook up your celery root, like you would for making mashed potatoes, in a pot of water, and cook until tender....about 30 minutes.  Drain and cool.  Then I put the oil in the same pot, added the leeks and returned the celery root and cooked until leeks were tender.  Add the chicken broth and then mash up a bit.  Throw into your blender and cream away.  Taste and then add salt and pepper.

TO DIE FOR!!!!!  Low calorie and low carb my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home