Thursday, April 16, 2015

Tomato Saucy and Fish Scalloped Potatoes

Oh, my God this was amazing. I had left over cod,  a can of tomato soup and some potatoes.  So I made scalloped potatoes with fish and tomato soup.

I first peeled and sliced about 8 potatoes in a buttered casserole dish with one big sliced onion.  Then in a pot over medium heat, I made a roux, 3 tbsp. of melted butter, 1/2 cup of flour, stir, then add 2 cups of milk and whisk until mixed.  Let thicken. I added to it, one tin of tomato soup, 1/2 package of cream cheese and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.  Once the mixture is thickened, pour over potatoes and season with salt, pepper and most importantly with SMOKED PAPRIKA.  Put the fish in and mix around and top with more Parmesan and smoked paprika and pepper.  Bake for 1 hour and serve.  You will be in heaven it is that good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home