Saturday, April 25, 2020

A Simple "Nice" Mediterranean Tuna Sandwich

I find myself during lockdown, googling "what day is it today." So just prior to coming on Blogger, that is exactly what I did. Last night I was like, "what it's Friday?" When I saw my favorite show was on I was so happily surprised feeling as though it were a Tuesday to find out that it was Friday night! So what did I do? I ordered in some Korean chicken and a bottle of red wine. It's quite interesting how our minds can easily shift when we find out it is a Friday night.

Many moons ago I met my friend for lunch at the beautiful Sutton Place Hotel in Vancouver while we were each on our lunch hour. I ordered the "tuna sandwich" and was overwhelmingly and pleasantly surprised to have my very first fillet of tuna sandwhich. It was seriously sublime.

So today, with the entire family home, I made a row of open faced tuna sandwiches on baguettes and did not mix them up with mayo, but rather used tuna fillets from an oil packed jar and spread a bit of  miracle whip on each untoasted hunk of baguette. So simple, so delicious, so very, very nice.

1 baguette, 1 jar of oil packed tuna fillets, or one can of drained tuna, capers, red onion diced, Miracle Whip. Feel free to use whatever mayo or salad dressing you desire. The sweetness of Miracle's Whip however is lovely.  Additionally, if you are using water packed tuna - totally up to you - but a little olive or even avocado oil drizzel through the parched and dry tuna flakes adds some moan factor.

Split baguette length-wise, spread each side with as much Miracle Whip as you like, a medium smear of MW works well though, crumble tuna fillets over baguette slices - as much or as little as you like and then top with capers and red onion - serve and swoon.  Tastes perfect with a glass of sparkling water or champagne. Bon Appetit!!  I KNOW so much writing for such a little recipe.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home