Sunday, October 28, 2007

French Onion Soup

I had a lovely busy sort of weekend - surrounded by family and friends in three different homes, and many, many plates of food. This past weekend, I enjoy brioche and brie baked fabulously by an extraordinarily skilled baker who wrapped the brioche around soft succulent clumps of brie. I also enjoyed "Costo" cooked bruchetta on very thin pieces of good baguette, and then of course I happily gulped two sour apple martinis and sushi before a Hallowe'en party for which I pray I can still wash out the blue dye from my over processed blond hair.

Tonight after having so much fun and food, I decided to cook up a simple French Onion Soup with once again, using only the ingredients available to me from my refrigerator. Slice up 2 onions and toss in a few tbsp. of flour. Add the onions to a pot with a few tbsp. of butter and saute on low for about 10 minutes stirring often. Then add three to four cups of Campbell's Soup beef bouillon with 1 1/2 cups of white (I used red) wine. I also added a little thyme, pepper, and a dash of salt. Let is come to a boil first, then let simmer for as long as you like - but no more than an hour. I simply poured my soup into a bowl and added some mozzarella cheese - no baking - but bake with a little piece of garlic bread and cheese if you like.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home