Thursday, September 20, 2007

Happy Fall Flavors! Maple Mustard Pork Tenderloin and Four Cheese Scallop Potatoes

You know, sometimes I bore myself. I get stuck in the same old everyday recipes, especially the one for my pork tenderloin. I've made the same pork tenderloin recipe for years with one exception. A couple of years ago, I made a to die for strawberry pork tenderloin from a Rachel Ray recipe and one of my guest's had the nerve to feed the left overs to his dog! It made me feel kind insecure for trying a new pork tenderloin recipe, so I got stuck in a culinary rut. Tonight I'm trying a new recipe for tenderloin and the sauce so far tastes quite delicious. Get two strips of pork tenderloin and pat dry. Then season with some salt and pepper. In a frying pan add some olive oil - an 1/8th of a cup, and 1/2 of a diced red onion together with 1 tsp. of minced garlic. Saute until the onion is soft. Then add 1/4 cup of yellow mustard to the pan, and 1/2 cup of maple syrup. I used a sugar free syrup. Whisk the sauce around and add the pork tenderloin and saute each side until just brown. Then put the meat and the sauce into a casserole dish and put into a 300 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Always let the tenderloin rest before serving.

Oh my hubby will be so excited to see he's getting something other than mashed potatoes tonight! Do I sound simple and easy to please. Well, I am. I actually baked my scalloped potatoes tonight in a buttered loaf pan since I didn't want ooodles of left overs for which I could succumb to. Just peel as many potatoes that you want. I peeled enough to layer four layers of potatoes - so I used about 8 little and medium sized potatoes. Peel, slice and lay first layer of potatoes into pan; salt and pepper, add some chopped onion, sprinkle 2 tbsp. of flour, and 1/3 cup of cheese over top. (I used the mixed bag of provolone, mozzarella, Parmesan, and emmental). Repeat this process until you are done. Then top with three cups of hot milk. I warmed mine up in a pan. Make sure you have enough milk to almost come up to the top. Don't add cheese to the top layer yet. Put foil over pan and bake at 375 for an hour. After an hour, top with cheese and cook for another 20 minutes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home