Saturday, July 28, 2007

Shrimp Stuffed Trout with Watermelon/Feta Cheese Salad

I had a lovely day by the pool with my two most favorite women, make that three, and my favorite 3 out of 4 guys. My hubby was busy tending to accident prone people in the district, being a firefighter and all, so it was just the few loves of my life, though I missed him and his fantastic smile - I had him the night before, so all was forgiven. Here is another BBQ recipe. It needs a little tweaking, but it was OK for now and perfectly servable to three wine tipsy women starving because their blood sugar was low.

I picked up four little headless trout at the grocery store; and because I knew my mom liked trout, this is what I decided to prepare. I stuffed all four trout with a shrimp stuffing, wrapped them all in olive oiled foil and BBQed for about 20 minutes. Though I'm thinking now, 15 would have been perfect, and I think next time I'll wrap the trout in S & M twine and crisp up the skin over the fire instead. Though the skin was succulent, crispy would have been better.

Learn also how to de-bone these little buggers. I found that there were more bones on one side of their body and my sister told me you could actually use a pair of tweezers to pull out any additionals - please only use tweezers you purchased just for this reason, we don't need any eyebrows on these dudes.

Anyway I sauteed 2 cups of big shrimp in a frying pan with a chopped up onion. Then add about a 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. I then made a little sauteed mushroom and white wine sauce actually using a package of garlic Alfredo sauce and then adding sauteed mushrooms and 1/4 cup of white wine and simmered down and set aside.

Salt and pepper the inside of the trout after you've de-boned them, then stuff with the shrimp stuffing and wrap tightly in twine...I don't know, imagine someone you always wished was wrapped up at your mercy....Then rub with a little more olive oil and put on the BBQ over a medium high heat. Let cook on one side for about 7 minutes, then turn over for about the same time. Put the sauce on the side and dip away. P.S. I also served up Grilled eggplant and zucchini which I actually eat over toast with a little mayo for breakfast.

Watermelon Feta Cheese Salad

Is this weird or what? Simply fabulous and Nigella inspired. First cut up and cube about 3 or 4 cups of watermelon and allow to drain over a paper towel for about an hour or two. Then salt and pepper and toss, adding, 1/4 cup of olive oil. 2 fat tablespoons of dried mint, 2 slices of feta cheese, a handful of olives, and 1 chopped up red onion. Once combined, allow to sit in the refrigerator for a little while and serve. My mom has already lassoed this recipe for an upcoming family picnic.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home