Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Larry and Garry's Beer in the Rear Chicken


This chicken is succulent, delicious, and super easy. I used two whole chickens, two cans of beer, and some chicken rub. The cool part about this recipe is that you have to drink 1/2 can of beer before you can shove the beer can up the chicken. I don't like wording it this way, but it's exactly what you do. So drink two 1/2 cans of beer and set the cans up in a roasting pan that you can use on the BBQ. Then put the chickens over top of each can and season. I used a chicken rub I got at the grocery store. You can actually put herbs into the beer can before you sit the chicken on it to infuse more flavor. ***Oh yes, I used a can opener to take off the top of the beer can. I also kept the seasoning simple for my first time. Make sure the chickens don't topple over. Carry them to the BBQ and cook on a high flame for about an hour or an hour and a half. I cooked my chickens for one hour and should have cooked for at least an extra 20 minutes. They weren't big chickens and you know how chicken takes a while. I ended up cooking some of it in the oven because parts of it were just a little pink. It was amazing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home