Friday, April 17, 2009

Homemade Brown Sugar and Pancakes Sans (without) Eggs

Twice this week I've been without ingredients and did a marvelous job of improvising. My son and I were making chocolate chip cookies and had no brown sugar. To that we combined: 1 cup of white sugar with 2 tbsp. of molasses. It works amazingly well.

The other day I was making pancakes for dinner and realized I had no eggs! Surely there had to be a recipe on the Internet that would solve this problem and of course there was! While I can't find the original recipe I used, this one looks pretty close:

Eggless Pancakes: 1 cups of flour, 2 tbsp. of sugar, 2 tbsp. of baking powder, 1/8 tsp. of salt, 1 cup of milk, 2 tbsp. of oil. Mix dry ingredients first, then mix all of the wet ingredients and add to the dry ingredients and stir until all the ingredients are blended and smooth. Pour 1/4 of batter onto an oily hot griddle. Turn the element or griddle down to a medium low heat and flip the pancake with bubbles form on the top of the pancake. Cook another minute or so or until nicely brown and the batter inside is fluffy and cooked. Serve with butter and maple syrup!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home