Friday, April 24, 2009

Delicious Clean Simple Vegetable Soup




Yum, yum, yum. I love to eat and sometimes worry about cooking a clear vegetable soup because I think it won't make me happy and satisfy me. Today's soup however was perfect and yes simple and healthy and very delicious. The secret vegetable ingredient are the two leeks I cut up and added because the end result gives the soup a lovely buttery taste. Here's what I did:




Chop up and add to a pot with olive oil on medium heat, 1 whole big white onion, 2 leeks, white parts only, chopped and added to the pot. Saute until nice and soft. Then add 1 red pepper sliced and chopped, 1/2 cup of washed spinach leaves, 1 zucchini chopped, 1 /4 cup of sun dried tomatoes chopped up, add enough water (1 quart) to cover vegetables and chicken instant stock mix (about 6 tbsp). Bring to a boil then simmer until veggies are to your liking. Leeks really make this soup lovely. Enjoy!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home