Saturday, July 11, 2009

Simply Delicious and Easy Beef Tenderloin

I wish my camera was downloading pictures, otherwise I would have had more pics here. Oh well. Last night I made my mom a simple dinner of beef tenderloin, green beans with pancetta, and baked potato. I may have mentioned it in the past, but I love the Europe's Best brand of white and green beans - they are frozen just so you know. Anyhoo, I picked up a small package of 4 small pieces of beef tenderloin and seasoned them with garlic, salt, and pepper. Then I heated up some olive oil in a pan and cooked the steaks 5 minutes per side for a total of 10 minutes. The steaks were about 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick. Then put the steaks in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 20 minutes. It was perfect. Now don't get rid of your pan that you cooked the steaks in. You're going to add about 4 cups of frozen green/white beans and once again cook over a medium heat stirring often. Then add 1/2 to 1 cup of chopped up pancetta and continue cooking until you have the beans how you like them. I cooked them for at least 10 minutes. The beans absorbed the juice and the seasoned oil from the pan - and I have to tell you the entire meal, as simple as it was, was absolute perfection.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home