Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mama Mia Succulent Spaghetti and Meatballs

Oooooh, la la, these were delish. You know I'd heard that the secret to good succulent meatballs was first soaking bread in milk. I had left over bread from the lobster sliders I made the other night, and I plan on saving the rest of the left over bread for when I make sausage stuffing next week. So, soak about 2 cups of torn up bread cubes in just enough milk (1/4 cup) to soak the bread.

In a bowl add two pounds of lean hamburger, 1 pound of sausage meat, any spices you love, and a handful of chopped up onions, 2 eggs, then the milk soaked bread. I have a confession. We ran out of milk, so I used cream. Now make sure the meat mixture is completely mixed up, roll into a various assortment of balls - I did some large ones then some small ones and froze the rest of the meat for another day. Heat up a frying pan with some oil and add the meatballs and brown on each side but don't completely cook. Put browned meatballs on a baking sheet or casserole and put into a 350 degree oven for about 15 or 20 minutes more and put into homemade spaghetti sauce. Oh holy, so simple, but so yummo. Remember, the secret is the bread and milk or cream to bread mixture.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home