Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Bratwurst in Red Wine Sauce with Carmelized Onions

Oh...simplicity - and when you have that European, particularly German blood, a good sausage marinated in red wine with some sweet onions can make an October night...the night of all nights.  Tonight I made a simple but delicious dinner for the family.  I cooked up Bratwurst in a pan with a pat of butter and red wine.  Then I sautéed up a pile of onions with a further pat of butter and a sprinkle of Splenda brown sugar so they could be called carmelized.  Finally, to be healthy, I cooked up a pile of kale with a little olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and what can I say?  Joy, comfort, good stuff.  Here's to Bratwurst!  Oh yes, I also mashed up some potatoes with Dijon mustard, and additionally made a Dijon sauce with cream, Dijon mustard as an alternative to the red wine sauce.  It's October baby, German is in the air!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home