Sunday, January 27, 2008

Baked Eggplant Tzatziki

There are simply some days in which I could truly toss confetti over my head for creating a delicious dish. Such was the case of the baked eggplant tzatziki that I made this snowy morning by accident, because I had no tomato sauce to make eggplant Parmesan. Here's what I did, and as it's baking this moment, it is so gorgeous - I hope I can wait the 20 minutes necessary before I tuck into this sensation.

Wash and slice length wise eggplant. Pour a little oil into a hot pan and add the eggplant. You'll definitely have to do this in batches depending on how big your pan is. Season one side with a little Parmesan, salt and pepper. Then turn over after approximately 1 minute, or until just brown. Cook the other side for just as long. Put into a greased up casserole dish and pour a mixture of 3 tbsp. of tzatziki with 1 cup of cottage or ricotta cheese over the eggplant. Then top each eggplant with 2 tbsp. of shredded mozzarella (add more if you like) and put into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Voila!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home