Thursday, February 03, 2011

Don't try the Coq au Vin....Yet!

Oh goodness, I broke one of my own rules the other day and that is, "do not make a dish for the first time for company." Oh goodness. While it was good, it was not outstanding and that is my fault. I should have left the "chicken skin" on. I also should have made this dish over a two day period. I also didn't clue in that that wine I marinated the chicken in overnight cooked the darn thing right through. Why did they not tell me this in the recipe. How do you succulate cooked chicken in a pot after THAT??? Anyway, there was barely any left by the end of dinner and all my young (19 year old) niece and nephews told me that my dinner was awesome and that I'm a great cook.....which also leads me to believe that they don't get very good cooking very often if they loved THAT. I think I will follow Julia Child's recipe instead for the next time. And remember....never ever ever cook a new dish for the first time for company....yikes!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home