Thursday, March 06, 2008

Brie and Sage Stuffed Chicken Breasts - Province Newspaper

I got this super delicious chicken dish from the Province Newspaper the other morning. I made it that evening and loved every morsel of it. Use butterflied chicken breasts. I found that putting the brie cheese in, though I didn't chill it first, always seems to slip out of the chicken for me. You can add it, but then just before you serve, melt some more on top. The marinade really makes this chicken fantastic. Cut cheese into equal pieces to the amount of chicken you use and top with two sage leaves and wrap with a slice of proscruitto. Fold the chicken over this bundle and secure with toothpicks, which I see now I forgot to use. Salt and pepper chicken. Then you chop a little more sage, stir in 1/4 cup of ketchup, I used sugar free, with about 3 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. of maple extract, or syrup if you like, 3 tbsp. of mustard, and a little garlic. Simmer the marinade for a few minute to reduce. Slop over the chicken breasts that are in a casserole dish. You know this recipe actually calls for you to grill this recipe. I cooked the chicken for about 20 minutes at my favorite temperature, 350. When you take the chicken out, put a little more brie on it if you need to. So good. XO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home